Skip to content

Support for your hobby

You might be able to get support from the government to take part in your hobby. 

This support would be funded under the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and could include:

  • special equipment
  • assistive technology – devices that help you take part in an activity, like a hearing aid
  • transport to and from your activity
  • a support worker to come with you.

Learn more about government supports on the NDIS website.

2 women looking at a document together. There is a funding document next to them

You could also get a Companion Card.

A Companion Card lets you take a support worker to an event or other activities for free.

A companion card
Turn Easy Read Off
Easy Read Icon