Online dating can be a good way to meet people.
Lots of people use dating websites and apps like Tinder and OKCupid.
But you need to be careful and use online dating websites or apps safely.
We explain 7 ways to stay safe using online dating below.
1. Don’t share your personal information, like your address or bank details.
2. Only talk to people using the online dating app or website until you feel safe to share your phone number with them.
3. Look at someone’s social media (like Facebook) before you meet them. This will help you work out if they are a real person.
Sometimes people can pretend to be someone they are not. This is called catfishing.
4. If you want to meet someone from an online dating website or app, meet them in a public place and tell someone where you are going. Or ask someone else to come with you.
5. Don’t ask someone to come to your house unless you have met them before and feel safe with them.
6. Report someone if they are acting badly.
7. Trust how you feel. If something doesn’t feel right to you, then it probably isn’t.